Monday, January 11, 2016

Solvang, CA

Camping at Paradise in the Los Padres Nat'l forest.  Not much to write home about. Last night was so dark, I couldn't see my hand in front of my face. Black as pitch. A coyote came into camp yipping up a storm at 130 in the morning. No more sleep for me. Oh and there is one of the biggest oaks I've seen in some time.
What a nifty town Solvang is. I will always remember this little Danish town as the place we (12s/Seahawks) became one of the luckiest teams in the fight to the Superbowl!!! What a game.
The sunshine came & went while watching the game, so we toured around in the rain. A lot like Leavenworth (WA), this towns architecture seemed more authentic and every building was made in the style.
We had Solvang's famous kkkjk; delish. And of course, purchased a Kringle (my fav.)
Pics coming.









No comments:

Post a Comment